Friday, September 2, 2011

Hurricane Irene

Last weekend was Luke's first hurricane! We were really fortunate and didn't lose power during the storm. It turned out to be a nice day of lots of family time. Luke really wanted to go outside and play, but of course he couldn't. The hurricane was quite a way to lead into my 30th birthday on Monday! Derek and I went to the Red Sox game (the doubleheader which had 4 rain delays) on Saturday, in the rain, but that just meant that we got to sit wherever we wanted, and sat very close to the field! All in all, Irene didn't manage to dampen my birthday weekend.


Great seats!

A little wet from the rain, but still cheering on the Red Sox!

A very silly little boy munching on a pancake during the hurricane

My hurricane cake (I know the song is Come On, Eileen but this was a popular expression online talking about the storm)
I also wanted to share some of my favorite pictures and a video from the last couple of weeks. We've been busy, with trips to the Providence Children's Museum and Capron Park Zoo.

One of Luke's favorite museum exhibits - trucks!

Luke's favorite - the water room! He could have stayed there for hours

Swinging on the swings at the zoo

Helping Daddy mow the lawn (every time Luke hears or sees a lawn mower, he says "cut cut")

Watching Daddy, taking notes

This is a video I took of Luke dancing around the kitchen. He was using a flashlight as a microphone, but as soon as I said microphone, he went to the living room to get the Rock Band microphone for the Wii. He loves to "sing" along to the Rock Band/karaoke Wii games we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment