This week was a little different than we expected. We had planned a vacation to Washington, D.C. to visit several of Derek's college friends, and to share with Luke a city that we both love. But it wasn't meant to be. Luke developed an eye infection and after two visits to the pediatrician and one to an ophthalmologist, the doctors decided to admit Luke to Hasbro Children's Hospital to receive 24 hours of IV antibiotics. Of course it was scary to have Luke in the hospital, but he was a real trooper and all of the hospital staff was very nice. Luke was only there for one night and I was able to stay overnight in the hospital with him. Derek and I were very happy to bring him home! He is doing much better now, the infection is almost completely gone, and he is looking and acting like himself.
I didn't take many pictures under the circumstances, but did take a few because this is a story we will certainly tell Luke when he gets older.

Waiting to be moved to a room

This is how they kept the IV in him. Poor little guy couldn't move his hand very much
(and yes, the experience of putting an IV in a 13 month old is about as awful as you would expect)

My little trooper
Once Luke started feeling better, we decided to get out of the house for a little while and took him to the WWI Memorial Park and Petting Zoo in town. He enjoyed the fresh air and meeting the animals.

Saying hello to a goat

Here's a donkey, but where's Shrek?

Playing on the playground
It has been a crazy week, but we are thankful that Luke is healthy and home! I thought I'd end this week's post with a video I took last week of him playing on a slide. We certainly appreciate Luke's smiles even more this week, and thought we'd share them with everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment